Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP)
Exchange Teacher Application for Taiwan
This website will connect you with the Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP) Mandarin Exchange Teacher Application. Teachers in Taiwan can apply to teach Mandarin in a U.S. school during the 2023-2024 school year.
To begin, log in with your existing AIS Forms username or use the
Create an account link. If you already have an AIS Forms username, but have forgotten your password, use the
Forgot your info? link to reset your password.
For information about TCLP, please visit https://tclprogram.org.
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or gender. Competition for the TCLP is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a resident of Taiwan;
- Is currently a certified, full-time teacher of English as a Foreign Language or Mandarin as a Foreign Language in a primary or secondary (G1-G12) school in Taiwan;
- At the time of application has at least four years of full-time classroom teaching experience;
- Is prepared to teach for the entire United States academic year with leave time limited to school breaks;
- Has a firm understanding of Mandarin;
- Has at least a bachelor's degree;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program;
- Is proficient in written and spoken English; and
- Has submitted a complete application package (please see Application Checklist).
Individuals in the following circumstances are NOT eligible for the TCLP:
- United States citizens and permanent residents of the United States, or their spouses;
- Individuals currently participating in academic, training, or research programs in the United States;
- Individuals who have applied for United States permanent residency in the past three years;
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of Taiwan;
- Ministry of Education officials, full-time principals or educational administrators, full-time teacher trainers, education consultants, university faculty, private English Language tutors; and
- Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored by the United States government for a period of more than six weeks in the last five years.
Applications that do not meet the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
For additional information or questions, please contact:
Telephone: (+886) 2 2388-2100
2F., No. 45, Yanping S. Rd.
In the United States: