Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP)
TCLP Exchange Teacher Application for China 2020-2021
This web site will connect you to the Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP) Exchange Teacher Application for Teachers in China. Teachers in China can apply to teach Chinese in a U.S. school during the 2020-2021 school year.
For information about TCLP, please visit http://tclprogram.org.
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or gender. Competition for TCLP is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of China who currently resides in China;
- Is currently a full time teacher of English as a Foreign Language or Chinese as a Foreign Language in a primary or secondary (K-12) school in China;
- At the time of application has at least four years of classroom teaching experience;
- Is prepared to teach for the entire U.S. academic year with leave time limited to school breaks;
- Has a firm understanding of Mandarin;
- Has at least a bachelor's degree;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program;
- Is proficient in written and spoken English; and
- Has submitted a complete application package (please see Application Checklist).
Individuals in the following circumstances are NOT eligible for the TCLP:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the U.S., or their spouses;
- Individuals currently participating in academic, training, or research programs in the U.S.;
- Individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency in the past three years;
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of China;
- Ministry of Education officials, full-time principals or educational administrators, full-time teacher trainers, education consultants, university faculty, private English Language tutors; and
- Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored by the U.S. government for a period of more than six weeks in the last five years.