Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP)
TCLP Exchange Teacher Application for China 2022-2023
This web site will connect you to the Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP) Exchange Teacher Application for Teachers in China. Teachers in China can apply to teach Chinese in a U.S. school during the 2022-2023 school year.
For information about TCLP, please visit http://tclprogram.org.
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or gender. Competition for the TCLP is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of China who currently resides in China;
- Is currently a full-time teacher of English as a Foreign Language or Chinese as a Foreign Language in a primary or secondary (K-12) school in China;
- At the time of application has at least four years of full-time classroom teaching experience;
- Is prepared to teach for the entire United States academic year with leave time limited to school breaks;
- Has a firm understanding of Mandarin;
- Has at least a bachelor's degree;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program;
- Is proficient in written and spoken English; and
- Has submitted a complete application package (please see Application Checklist).
Individuals in the following circumstances are NOT eligible for the TCLP:
- United States citizens and permanent residents of the United States, or their spouses;
- Individuals currently participating in academic, training, or research programs in the United States;
- Individuals who have applied for United States permanent residency in the past three years;
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of China;
- Ministry of Education officials, full-time principals or educational administrators, full-time teacher trainers, education consultants, university faculty, private English Language tutors; and
- Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored by the United States government for a period of more than six weeks in the last five years.