Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP)
TCLP Exchange Teacher Application for Egypt and Morocco 2020-2021
This web site will connect you to the Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP) Arabic Exchange Teacher Application. Teachers in Egypt and Morocco can apply to teach Arabic in a U.S. school during the 2020-2021 school year.
For information about TCLP, please visit http://tclprogram.org.
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, sexual orientation or gender. Competition for TCLP is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of Egypt or Morocco, and who currently resides in Egypt or Morocco;
- Is currently a full-time teacher of English as a Foreign Language or Arabic as a Foreign Language in a primary or secondary (K-12) school in Egypt or Morocco;
- At the time of application has at least four years of classroom teaching experience;
- Is prepared to teach for the entire U.S. academic year with leave time limited to school breaks;
- Has a firm understanding of Modern Standard Arabic (fus'ha);
- Has at least a Bachelor's degree;
- Demonstrates a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program;
- Is proficient in written and spoken English; and
- Has submitted a complete application package (please see Application Checklist below).
Individuals in the following circumstances are NOT eligible for TCLP:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States, or their spouses;
- Individuals currently participating in academic, training, or research programs in the United States;
- Individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency, including Green Card lottery, in the past three years;
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of Egypt or Morocco;
- Ministry of Education officials, full-time principals or educational administrators, full-time teacher trainers, education consultants, university faculty, private English Language tutors; and
- Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored by the U.S. government for a period of more than six weeks in the last five years.
Contact TCLP staff during normal business hours Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time, at:
Telephone: USA 877.257.9922 (toll free) / Outside USA (+1) 202.833.7522