Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP)
TCLP Exchange Teacher Application for Egypt and Morocco 2023-2024
This website will connect you with the Teachers of Critical Languages Program (TCLP) Arabic Exchange Teacher Application. Teachers in Egypt and Morocco can apply to teach Arabic in a U.S. school during the 2023-2024 school year.
To begin, log in with your existing AIS Forms username or use the
Create an account link. If you already have an AIS Forms username, but have forgotten your password, use the
Forgot your info? link to reset your password.
For information about TCLP, please visit: https://tclprogram.org
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, or gender. Competition for TCLP is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a citizen of Egypt or Morocco and who currently resides in Egypt or Morocco,
- Is currently a full-time teacher of English as a Foreign Language or Arabic as a Foreign Language in a primary or secondary (K-12) school in Egypt or Morocco,
- At the time of application has at least four (4) years of full-time classroom teaching experience,
- Is prepared to teach for the entire U.S. academic year with leave time limited to school breaks,
- Has a firm understanding of Modern Standard Arabic (fus'ha),
- Has at least a bachelor's degree,
- Demonstrates a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program,
- Is proficient in written and spoken English, and
- Has submitted a complete application package (please see the Application Checklist below.)
Individuals in the following circumstances are NOT eligible for TCLP:
- U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States, or their spouses,
- Individuals currently participating in academic, training, or research programs in the United States,
- Individuals who have applied for U.S. Permanent Residency, including the
green card lottery, in the past three years,
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of Egypt or Morocco,
- Ministry of Education officials, full-time principals or educational administrators, full-time teacher trainers, education consultants, university faculty, private English Language tutors, and
- Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored by the U.S. Government for a period of more than six (6) weeks in the last five (5) years.
For additional information or questions, please contact:
America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc. (AMIDEAST-Cairo) coordinates the application process.
AMIDEAST | Cairo, Egypt
38 Mohie El Din Abou El Ezz Street
Moroccan-American Commission for Educational and Cultural Exchange (MACECE) coordinates the application process.
Ahlam Daoudi, Program Officer
7 Rue d'Agadir
In the USA