USG Alumni Small Grants in Kyrgyzstan
This website will connect you with the online application for the USG Alumni Grants in Kyrgyzstan.
Call for Additional Proposals:
Covid-19 Rapid Response Small Grants for USG Alumni in Kyrgyzstan
About the Program
The U.S Embassy in Kyrgyzstan announces the call for additional applications for COVID-19 Rapid Response Alumni Small Grants Program. This program is open to all USG Alumni that are citizens of Kyrgyz Republic and will aim to support projects or initiatives that will address key areas including:
- Rapid assistance for at-risk and vulnerable groups in the Kyrgyz Republic during the global COVID-19 pandemic - excluding any humanitarian assistance (food, household items, medical items);
- Raise public awareness and education about the COVID-19 virus and accessible means for combating its spread;
- Countering misinformation and disinformation related to COVID-19;
- Providing solutions to support the adjustment and transition of communities in the Kyrgyz Republic to new conditions created by the current global pandemic.
The application deadline is 31 May 2020 17:00 Bishkek time. The Embassy will award grants in the middle of June 2020 on a competitive basis, depending on the availability of funds.
In order to participate in this program, alumni:
- must be citizens of Kyrgyzstan;
- must have studied or participated in a U.S. government-sponsored educational or professional exchange program;
- must conduct a project that furthers the programs goals; and
- must submit this online application and supporting materials.
If you are unsure whether you are an Alumnus of a U.S. government-sponsored program, please check here to view the list of all programs. Register to become a member of the International Exchange Alumni Website : https://alumni.state.gov/.
If you have any questions, please contact the USG Small Alumni Grants Coordinator:
Gulnaza Khalmanbetova, USG Alumni Small Grants Coordinator
American Councils for International Education
187 Sydykov Str #29
Tel: +996 31 291 0989; +996 502 599 991